Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Home Sweet Denia

As Emma said, we are all back safe from our incredible adventures throughout Europe. This week has been spent catching up with the people who truly feel like my new brothers and sisters, sharing our craziest and most memorable moments of our journeys. During break many of us experienced bumps along the way such as canceled flights, train strikes, missing the last metro of the night, or sleeping in strange places; however, all of the stressful times are nothing when we look back at the loads of amazing moments we experienced and the literally countless magnificent artworks and monuments we have anticipated seeing our whole lives, and finally have now! The Lord truly kept His hand on all of us while we were traveling, and answered so many of our prayers as well as our parents, I’m sure. There have been more than enough times this semester, and during break, when things haven’t worked out exactly how we wanted but God has most definitely shown that He works in mysterious ways, and blessed us in the end.

I would not have changed my spring break with my brother and friends for anything, but hardly sleeping the entire time and traveling to 5 major cities in 4 different countries is taxing on the body. I couldn’t help but feel at peace when getting on my last mode of transportation, finally returning to our home in Denia, where we know how to get around and there are familiar faces. I know I speak for everyone when I say that we are happy to be back in our homes with our families and home cooked meals.

The fact that our reuniting at school on Tuesday with our classmates was so exciting to see everyone, sharing and hearing stories, makes everyone even more anxious for the reuniting on May 20th with our family and friends in the States! There are now only 11 more days of class, and wow can you tell! I don’t know of anyone that can pay attention for a whole class anymore (not that I could ever this semester). Our thoughts are on the beach, our upcoming excursion to Madrid in 2 days, family, friends… nearly anything with the exception of history or literature of any kind. Our time in Spain has flown by, and I am not ready to leave in the least. We will all be soaking up the sun on the Mediterranean (while studying of course) and the Spanish culture until the moment we leave.

-Written by Jessica Van Slyke

No comments:

Post a Comment